Corrugated Converting Machine Operator
Apply Now | Location: Coastal Container - 1201 Industrial Ave, Holland, MI | Posted one month and 19 hours ago
Key Initiative and 90 Day Action Plans
Each quarter, operators will coordinate with their team leader the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support company and departmental objectives.
Planning / Measures
- Participates in planning and coordination activates each morning at the Team Boards.
- Key measures of effectiveness and efficiency (including financial) are identified, tracked, and drive continuous improvement through both reactionary and proactive countermeasures.
- Maintains team measures in place at all work stations; production data, machine operation status, safety data, quality data, ink, paper, scrap. Participates in regular team problem solving meetings.
- Participates in planning by communication of issues and opportunities. Works with initiative to achieve team 90 Day Action plans.
- Completes accurate and timely required reports, including but not limited to: production data, machine operational status, safety data, quality data, etc.
Facilities / Equipment Reliability
- Preventive Maintenance: Works with all team members to conduct daily, weekly, and/or monthly preventive maintenance. Follows all visual controls and takes action to correct situations outside of controls.
- 5S: Works to ensure work area is maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition at all times. Completes all regularly scheduled 5S checks. Assists in any 5S activity scheduled for assigned work cells. Immediately alerts team member and team coordinators of all unsafe work conditions.
- Conducts safety audits; and maintains a safe work environment
- Submits maintenance work orders for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
In Station Process Control
- Performs required inspection of components and sub-assemblies. Works according to in station process controls, has the authority and responsibility to stop the line and signal the Team Coordinator at the first sign of abnormality. Reports all variances and/or improper operations.
- Participates in all changes to standardized work with fellow team members to ensure ability to do the change and gain the competitive benefits of continuous improvement.
- Performs all quality audits and checks, looks for all possible poke-yoke opportunities.
- Follows production schedule; makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals; reports any variance to schedule or scheduling conflicts to Team Leader
Just In Time
- Understands and produces to Kanban signals in cell and overall facility, builds only to customer demand and production schedule.
- Understands and actively manages Value Stream Maps in cell and facility
- Understands and participates in all quick change overs
- Understands data recording and tracking requirements for all matters in the work area
- Supports production in paper identification, loading, feeding, stacking and bundling
- Performs visual and physical of check paper board for quality, including, but not limited to: cracked scores, cut liner or medium, loose edges or liner, oil, blisters, wrinkles, wash board, warp, clean slits, proper score depth, and appearance.
- May move work-in-process or finished goods as required using a pallet jack, electric lift or powered forklift
Team - Values / Adult to Adult
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the Production Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas lacking cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues effecting cohesiveness.
- Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to build alignment with the larger organization.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
- This position description is intended to guide the activities of a production Team Member. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.