Supervise approximately 6 to 10 people in the daily routine of producing quality corrugated products in a safe, productive manner with minimum waste. Cross-train employees in key positions. PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Directly supervises all employees assigned to the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
- Maintain quality, efficiencies, and production levels set by management. Communicate these standards to your staff.
- Report quality concerns to Converting and Plant Superintendent. Assist in determining quality guidelines.
- Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain inventories of sheets, inks and other converting supplies.
- Coordinate with your supervisor and Maintenance on any repairs or preventive maintenance done in the department.
- Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
- Enforce the corrective action procedures when applicable and conduct meetings with the violating employees.
- Conduct daily Production/Safety meetings with departmental personnel. Communicate with necessary supervision to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years prior supervisory experience.
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation. This also supports the supervisor’s role of teacher and trainer for his/her personnel.
- Quality standards.
- Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher for his personnel both in the technical and administrative parts of the position.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to read prints and specifications
- Familiar with small hand tools, including electric and air powered
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills: familiar with common Office software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- On-the-job training
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Night shift – Sunday – Wednesday – 10 hrs. from 8:00pm – 6:00 am
Work Location: In person