Purpose of the Job
This position is directly responsible for the safe and orderly movement of products in the corrugator department. As a Clamp Lift Operator, you will operate the clamp truck in a safe but expeditious manner to unload incoming rolls, move rolls to/from the corrugator as needed for production, accurately tag all new rolls/goods with proper identification and bar codes, and perform/document daily inspection of the clamp lift truck. This individual will follow instructions and work constructively to ensure shipment deadlines are met and unloading is conducted within the guidelines given.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Safely inspect and operate powered industrial vehicles.
- Utilize barcode scanners.
- Complete daily objectives at the direction of the lead with limited supervision.
- Move product to and from production lines.
- Load and Unload Trailers.
- Accurately pick, move, and count product.
- Inspect, count, and reconcile product.
- Adhere to all facility safety, operational, and quality.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years experience in the corrugated industry
- 2 +years experience as a machine operator
- Be able to read tape measure, calculate figures and amounts such as percentage, volume and rate.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Outlook and Office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk, and talk or hear
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)