The Material Handler ensures continuous operation of manufacturing, warehousing and shipping of products by the safe, timely, and accurate movement of stock, supplies and freight throughout the plant from delivery to shipping.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Production Support : Ensures each area operations is supplied with the necessary material. Moves completed work to next step. Ensures material flow supports scheduled work.
Shipping and Receiving : Loads or unloads trucks according to schedule and product. Communicates appropriately and effectively with drivers who deliver or pick up.
Warehousing and Storage : ensures product is moved, stored in a safe manner, and locations are accurate and updated in Amtech.
Maintenance : Participates in forklift maintenance and inspections; helps keep all material handling equipment in serviceable condition at all times. Performs daily checks at the start and completion of each shift; reports any mechanical and/or safety issues to the Logistics Manager or Maintenance Manager.
Utility Operator : Is a competent and knowledgeable in corrugated manufacturing. Runs unitizer when necessary, hand bands product when needed. Ensures material is moved safely and on time to the next required step. Works with initiative to achieve team action plans.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- History of consistent attendance at previous employers
- Able to read, write, and communicate verbally, follow direction, and complete assigned tasks
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment; able to life 30 pounds; able to reach, squat, bend and turn
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Matching 401(k)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- STD and LTD
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Warehouse experience: 2 years (Preferred)